MA Environment, Society & Development (~ 12 students)
Co-director of the MA ESD program (Sept 2017 – Present)
In my role as co-director and coordinator of the MA in Environment, Society and Development I have developed ample experience coordinating, leading, organising and delivering multiple modules as a part of a team. This role has been crucial for enabling me to gain greater experience into the various dimensions of coordinating and collaborating in a teaching environment at a postgraduate level. Relevant experience includes:
- Coordinating and communicating across with staff leading MA modules and the MA director
- Ensuring common themes are made and drawn out across all modules
- Marketing the master’s program among final level BA students and internationally through network of colleagues and affiliations
- Acting as the key interface and point of contact for MA students and student representatives
- Coordinating two MA modules with multiple participating staff. Duties included timetabling and schedule module sessions, communicating with all teaching staff participating on the modules, organising a series of guest lectures, acting as interface between staff and students, setting up group projects and ensuring effective running and management of the modules.
- Designing new masters program: I am currently leading in the development of a new cross-college masters in Development Practice program. In this process I am gaining significant experience in institutional leadership, negotiation, cross-college collaboration, program design, module design and marketing.
I have experience teaching on pre-existing graduate modules as well as designing and delivering new courses.
|TI702||Geography and Geo-graphing||(2017/18, 2018/19)|
|TI703||Geopolitics and Security||(2017/18)|
|TI704||Environmental Risk and Resilience||(2017/18, 2018/19)|
|TI 706||Field Based Learning||(2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19)|
|TI707||MA Dissertation (Academic supervisor to MA students researching themes relating to environment, society and development)||(2017/18, 2018/19)|
|TI3116||Geographies of Development||(2018/19)||84 students enrolled|
|T1150||Introducing Human Geographies||(2017/18, 2018/19)||~350 students enrolled|
|TI366||Environmental Planning Research dissertation: Academic supervisor to undergraduate students researching themes relating environmental and cultural geography. Research themes include: sustainable consumption and production; rural sustainability, creative use of urban space||(2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19)||17 research students|
|TI 236||Environmental Planning, seminar tutor||(2015-16, 2016-17)||~120 students enrolled|
|TI 343||Geographies of Sustainable Consumption, seminar tutor||(2013-14)||~140 students enrolled|
|TI 335||Research Project Design and Development, lecturer||(2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19)||~ 200 students enrolled|
|TI 212||Geography Theory and Practice, lecturer||(2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19)||~ 200 students enrolled|